Catholic Education Office Sandhurst
RECEIVED - 9 FEB 2012 AUSTRALIAN INSTITUTE OF FAMILY STUDIES
120 Hargreaves Street (PO Box 477)
BENDIGO CENTRAL VIC 3552
T 03 5443 2377 F 03 5441 5168
71 Ryley Street (PO Box 1181)
WANGARATTA VIC 3677
T 03 5723 0000 F 03 5723 0033
c/-St Brendan's Presbytery
121 Knight Street
SHEPPARTON VIC 3630
T 03 5831 3811 F 03 5821 3077
3 February 2012
Professor Alan Hayes
Director, Australian Institute of Family Studies
485 LaTrobe Street
Dear Prof Hayes
Request for extension of previously approved application:
Growing Up in Australia: The Longitudinal Study of Australian Children
(Attention: Monica Dickson)
I am pleased to advise that, in relation to schools in the Diocese of Sandhurst, your research proposal is approved subject to the following standard conditions.
- The decision as to whether or not research can proceed in a school rests with the Principal of that school. You will therefore need to obtain approval directly from the Principal of each school that you wish to involve.
- You should provide each Principal with an outline of your research proposal and indicate what will be asked of the school. A copy of this letter of approval and a copy of the notification of approval from the relevant Ethics Committee should also be included.
- No student is to participate in research study unless s/he is willing to do so and informed consent is given by a parent/guardian.
- You should provide a list of schools which have agreed to participate in the research project to the Professional Development section of this Office.
- Any substantive modifications to the research proposal, or additional research using the data collected, will require a further research proposal approval submission to this Office.
- Data relating to individuals or schools is to remain confidential.
- Since participating schools have an interest in the research findings, you should discuss with each Principal ways in which the results of the study could be made available for the benefit of the school community.
- At the conclusion of the study a copy of the research findings should be forwarded to
Catholic Education Office, Sandhurst
Attn: Senior Education Officer, Human Resources
I wish you well with your research study. If you have any queries concerning this matter, please contact Rosemary Rasmussen (Tel: 5445 9902) of this Office.
Senior Education Officer, Human Resources
Email: director Website: www.ceosand.catholic.edu.au ABN: 94 493 967 364